Monday, May 17

Sweet Friends & Rust


It's official, the Cottage Panache sale was a huge success! Even Mother Nature came through for us! 
 I wish I had some pics from outside, truth was, I was BUSY. I was a closer!! LOL I priced my stuff very reasonably, I didn't want to take it home. So in the end, all  I had left were 3 chairs & 2 very sore feet. I did take some shots around the store after the rush, so you could see.
Maureen's store is so awesome, she has a great eye & an ecclectic style.
And great prices!
Finding a good home for some great pieces was the objective, but the bonus was hanging with old friends & meeting some new ones.
My dear friend & sometime junkin' partner, Pat  of My Tattered Elegance, brought some friends & showed her support.  She never leaves empty handed, & finds the best deals.

This adorable girl is Erica from Zunky Chic! The cutie next to her is her hubby. Erica is on the design team for Anthologies Connection. We've been trading comments forever, it was cool to finally see her in person!
Okay, anyone who knows me knows I have this pet peeve about bloggers photographing their feet! LOL This is the only picture I have of my dear friend Lori, from Katie's Rose Cottage that day. So here it is, my 1st ever blog foot shot!  It's so bad you can't even see Lori's precious sandals.

Some Lonestar dealers, Penny & Tracy from 'The Shabby Chandelier' & Dot of 'Shabby Y' walked away with some chippy whites. 
I had so much fun that day, thanks to some sweet friends.
 Angela of I'm Like A Little Bird, try to stop by her cute blog & say hi! Alisa, the Queen of Pickers!  ( You'll hear more about her later) Denise, from Grandma's Redbirds.  We'll be seeing each other next month at Paper Cowgirls!! Yippee! Linda Kinnaird, jeweler extraordinaire! Can't wait for her class at Maureen's. And of course our hostess, Maureen! Girl, I thought I had energy.  Don't know how you do it, but thanks! It was great.

Now, onto the stuff! I must confess, I do these events to sell my finds & make money, but..........I never come home empty handed. It's like a big trade fest. 
 I told you about Alisa earlier. Well, this girl is the Picker of all time! I met her at Maureen's last sale & bought some awesome things, you can see them here.  She's got my 'style' & brought some goodies this time that made me break out in a sweat!

This crazy girl had a galvinized bowl filled with birds nests in ziplock bags! Look at this one, it is the COOLEST nest I've ever seen. There's a dang book in it. Yes, those are little eggs too.
She saw the box I did for Julia & brought me this one.  Oooh, I can't wait to embellish it!

All kinds of rusty hinges & junk.

Bits & pieces.

Can you see wings?

These buckles just made me drool. They are so dingy, the cloth & leather has faded to the perfect creamy shade.


Numbers..... are there ever enough?

Misc goodness!

I'm crazy for this little rusty leather bobbin.

Well, believe it or not, there's even more. But I gotta feed the kids & get ready for the day, so you'll just have to imagine the rest.  Surgery & sales have kept me away from the studio this week, but I'm about ready to list some new goodies in my shop.  Stay tuned for updates, until then.....have a creative day!


41 comments:

Laurie said...

OMG, your Urban legend post warmed my heart! Then I read this one and I had to laugh because I only just, the other day, posted a photo of my foot wearing toe rings that a friend sent me -- and I would never do such a thing, sincerely, otherwise!! So if you come over to my blog, please don't judge me! You sold, and found, amazing stuff. I want to live in your world!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Lisa! I've been waiting for this post. So missed being there Saturday. What a successful day it looks to have been...so happy for y'all! What a great picker Alisa is ~ those are some real treasures. Have a great week. ~ Angela

trash talk said...

I hated not getting to come over. We're just covered up with getting ready for W&T's birthday bash. Looks like I missed some great things.
That bird's nest is amazing!
Debbie
P.S. Girl...my feet are the only thing small on me so naturally I could care less if they get photographed. It's the rest of me I have the problem with!

Lori said...

Lisa, the Cottage Panache show looks amazing...how fun that you got to meet so many blogger friends there...i call that an added bonus...that nest is the most crazy cool thing i have ever seen...i hope you have somewhere special to display it!!!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Did ya get to see/meet Debbie??? I was anxiously awaiting to see a photo of you two! bummer.
I can't believe the weather held out...it must have been all around you!!!
Neat STUFF girl...now you get to get busy and play, make something beautiful!!!!
:)

clustres said...

I had a note about the sale on my desk, but alas, did not make it. Looks like great stuff and I love the bird nest with the book in it!
Whaaaattt!

Angela said...

Wonderful post!! Thanks for your comment and I'm so glad I got to meet everyone. I KNEW I should have gotten there earlier...so much good stuff! I'm going to check out all your friends' blogs now. Have a great week!

Tina said...

It sounds like you had a GREAT day Lisa. Congrats on all your sales and those buys are just awesome.
Love it all - that nest is fantastic.
Can´t wait to see what you create from it all.
xo Tina

sweetpea said...

glad you are back in the saddle so to speak...love the dr's bag and the nest with the book in it is beyond fab. you got lots of goodies girlfriend.

hugs,

shelley

Vintage Market Place said...

I am totally a foot photographer, we have many many pictures of feet in our house.
Love your finds, those buckles are great!
AMy

Claudia said...

Gosh darn it! I have to make a trek to Texas some day. Some of my favorite bloggers live there. Some of the best sales are there!

So glad the event was a success and you found some fabulous treasures.

xo
Claudia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...so many wonderful treasures in one post!

Erica said...

You brought home treasures! Did you buy more than you sold? That's always the tricky part :)

Congrats on having such a successful sale! It was so wonderful meeting you and I hope to see you again VERY soon!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Good for you, Lisa, that you sold almost all your stuff, so that you could buy some new stuff, lol. Well, I can't blame your for bringing home those goodies. You found some cool treasures! Have fun playing with them!
Big hugs,
Julia

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Glad you had such a GRRRRREAT DAY at the sale. Wish you had took my feet instead of my face!!!
Hugs, Pat

Inspired-Simplicity said...

Sista,
You answered my question. I just called you to see how the sale went. Sorry I couldn't drop by. I stayed at Moms all weekend. Looks like you did good.
Blessings,
Carolyn

Lululiz said...

That nest, I don't know what to say, lol, it is the craziest thing I have ever seen.
Look like everybody had a fantastic and successsful time, selling AND buying!

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

WOW! Looks like a BLAST! How I wish I could have gone, but it's a bit out of my neighborhood... ;)
Looks like you found a lot of goodies yourself! Fun stuff!

Diane said...

How could this sale not have been a success--beautiful--it's all about the presentation--and this one was outstanding! LOVE, LOVE your finds.
P.S. You'll NEVER see a photo of my feet--they're ugly :)

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Oh wow! I love everything in your post. I really would have gone for that old doctor bag and that nest with the book in it was the most awesome thing I've ever seen! You're rusted metal bits gave me a thrill! I'm such a sucker for rusty metal thing-a-ma-jigs. Love, Love, to love!

Charlene said...

I am sooooooo glad you had a good day at the sale. I will have to go over & check Maureens place out. Sorry I missed the sale but, had those tickets for Peter Pan at Casa Mana & two GRANDS that were ready to go see HOOK! Hope you are feeling better after all that oral surgery. HUGS! Charlene

Dorthe said...

Lisa, hi sweet
and congratulations with selling almost all your wonderfull stuff.
I must say I do love what you brought back home,too, and the gorgeus gifts you recieved-wow
the nest is something extravagant,- the buckels so beautifull,and all the rusty bits and pieces, gorgeus,
and on top of all that, the most importent thing,-you had a wonderfull experience and meetings with friends.

Lisa I`m home from Copenhagen again,--lovely,--and sad, miss someone very much!!!!

hugs to you-and love.
Dorthe

Anonymous said...

And to think I stayed home this weekend! LOL!
Sounds like heaps of fun, Lisa!!

Hugs! Diane

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Woweee Kazoweee! ~This is so wonderful. I'm so happy for you all this fun you must have just been beside yourself with joy! Hahaha...I would have been too! what great pictures even the foot shot is fun! Love it!
Love the nest too...wow!
Blessings,
Debbie

Beth Leintz said...

Looks like a great sale- you got the BEST stuff- rusty stuff with numbers on it- the BEST of both worlds!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Lisa,
I am so jealous that I couldn't be there to get some of those goodies.
A picker's paradise for sure. I'm glad that you sold all your stuff.

I can't wait to see what you create with all those inspirational pieces of this and that.

hugs
Sissie

Jenn Hamann said...

It sounds like you sold both your buggies. I came home and put the rocker and corner shelf in my nursery and they are PERFECT! I really have been wanting that blue buggie for a bassinet and then to use for short walks around the block. Your stuff was awesome and I am glad I find your blog!!! Thanks for all the great deals!

Cottage Panache said...

Hey Lisa, stand back from my picker Alisa!! JK! She has found me some MAAAVELOUS pieces ~ tell her what you like and she shall find! Sooo happy about how everyone did, nothing could make me happier than happy sellers! So glad you all were able to snap some pictures and find some treasures. I love what I found when Emily relieved me from the register for a bit ~ boy did I miss out on some wonders of nature...love the NEST...Cha-ching!
Can't wait to see what you create next! Think: GUEST BOOK!
Maureen

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I just love what you do! Your sale looks so fun and I love what you got from the sale. What are you going to do with the box? Looking forward to what comes of all these fun things!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lisa~ looks like a wonderful sale- selling, meeting friends, and finding all those great goodies...a perfect day!

Kateyed said...

What a great sale. I am glad you did so well! Thanks for showing all the cool things with us!

Hygs,
Suz

Debby said...

WOW!!! The sale looks like is was amazing. Isn't that fun to sell and find more awesome goodies.
Debby

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Lisa ~ You got some wayyyy awesome treasures ! I cannot wait to see what you do with them ~
The feet picture is hilarious !! What a crack up ~
That is so cool that you sold pretty much everything ~ WOOHOO !
xoxo
Lori

Miss Gracie's House said...

Wow...you did bring home some treasures! LOL...I think dealers are what keep us in business..we just trade junk!
Have a great day...gonna check out your shoppe.
Rene

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Hi Lisa....glad your sale was a success. Wish I could have made it but we took the grands to see Peter Pan that day. Congrats on selling almost everything.....that's awesome!

Sandy said...

What yummy goodness! so glad your sale was great. Love the birds nest! I scored two from my aunt this weekend, they built under the eve of her porch and she usually swats them down, much to my horror, this time she let them build, nest, and hatch and then saved the nests for me. Have a great week!

Anne Lorys said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa! This sale looked AMAZING! So much stuff that I would be poking people out of the way to get to!

Great job!

XO,
Anne

Debbie Demmers-Adkins said...

Lisa, loved the box you did for Julia and will be anxious to see what you do with the wooden box you showed in this post.....you have great tidbits to work with!!!! debbie

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Lisa, oh how I wish I could have gotton in on your wonderful sales. You are the coolest thing since ice cubes. Those buckles, those nests, all that stuff. I can almost see what you can make with them. I really need to buy some of your stuff.

Big hugs
cindy@stitches

Diane said...

Super, super finds! Loved looking at all of them =) No, never enough buckles or numbers!

Dapoppins said...

What a wonderful find your blog is!