Monday, November 14

Bottles, Canton, Kids & Stuff

I've been all over the place the last few weeks.
 Dividing my time between kids, home, & art stuff.
 You all know what a balancing act life is.
Sometimes I do well, sometimes not so good.
 As much as I love doing workshops, it's a lot of work & it's put me behind in all kinds of ways.



But happily I've finished up some projects.
New bottles for dear friends.




I'm making more for my etsy shop.

Speaking of etsy.....
Thanks to everyone for ordering my Holiday Slipper tutorial & kits.



I'm working on more as we speak!
I bought a couple  of tutorials myself last week.
I'll share more about them next post!



We took a little Paper Cowgirl field trip to Canton on the 6th.
Cami, Miss Lissa, Jan, Cindy & me.




It was the perfect month to go.
All the dealers had their holiday finery in full view.




So many sights to behold,
some amazing....


Some downright silly.
That is a fan on her cart.
Wish I was her dog!


It was Cami's first Canton trip.
She was in wonder-land for sure.


You wanna see my sweet haul?
This book was my favorite find. It is absolutely beautiful!
The pages are slightly spotted, which I love & the illustrations....amazing.
The book was published in 1853, tissue still in place!




Isn't it all pretty?




This iron cover will be perfect in a collage or assemblage & I think I'll fill the metal milk caps with resin.


That same week I got a package from Dawn.
She was my personal shopper at  The Country Living Fair in Atlanta.




This little orphaned shoe will hang from my tree this year.



One of the many things I collect are old lesson books.
I wonder if one of my old notebooks is floating around somewhere.
Gosh I hope not.



Friday after I dropped the kids off at school I saw a garage sale,
so of course I stopped.
I got this sewing machine for $25. & some other goodies.




When I wasn't out shopping, I was cheering on my kids.


They ran the 'Panther Race' at school Friday.



9 laps in 30 minutes!
Not bad for a kindergartner.



I have so much more I want to share with you.
My swap with Tina, the newest Round Robin pages, & some big news!



23 comments:

Unknown said...

such gorgeous finds lisa and oh my, that stash that dawn found for you! now THAT'S a good friend!! your kids are so adorable....getting bigger right before our eyes. what fun! can't wait to hear your "news!"

Claudia said...

So good to hear from you, Lisa! It sounds like you've been busy - but a good busy! Love all your treasures - that sewing machine is wonderful!!!

xo
Claudia

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Lisa girl what a fun and crazy time you have been having lately!!
I love your bottles, finds and your kids pretty much are the best!!!

Dang what is the big news!!! You tease!

Rhonda said...

Lisa, your bottles are so beautiful.
Your finds are amazing, that precious shoe, how adorable.

I sure wish we had antique shows like yours. I need to get to Texas.

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Lisa....these bottles just take my breath away girl!!!!! You should be making one each and every day...I love your Canton finds, you could shop for me just like I shop for you! I'm so glad you liked your goodies from the CL fair ~ it's fun spending your money :) And the babies look like they had a blast on the Panther race day!! Kids just love those days don't they? much love, Dawn

Vicki said...

Love the bottles and your goodies from Canton and Dawn are inspiring! Love it. Glad you are finding some balance and getting to enjoy art, friends and your adorable kiddos.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Lisa, As always your bottles are just gorgeous! The lucky girls will love them.
Once again I wish I wouldn't be so far from Texas and could visit Canton and all the other places where you shop for vintages stuff. Your finds are wonderful and Dawn did just great shopping for you.
It looks like the kids had fun and enjoyed the race.
Have a lovely week, sweetie!
Hugs to you,
Julia

June said...

I'm not sure I could even do nine laps in 30 Lisa, and my legs are longer than theirs. But then I have 50 years on them ;-)
I love the lovely tattered stuff you brought home from Canton. I know it will be turned into beautiful art like those gorgeous bottles.
You already know I think you are wonder woman right? I sure do!!!
hugs from here...

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your new projects are gorgeous and so are your buys! thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Dorthe said...

Oh you bussy girl,
Lisa you are truly having a whirlwind life- I envy you just a tiny bit, look at all you experience, and all you do.
Your bottles are gorgeous ,so fantastic stoppers you gave them.
And all your wonderful finds-that book is something special,and the things from Dawn, are beautiful,too-
and then in between all this having sun while cheering on your kids running!! Dosen`t it sound WONDERFUL all- and I know it is- even maybe just a bit tirering ,also.
HUGS to you sweetie.
Dorthe

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Lisa,
I was just thinking about you and wondering what you've been up to....now I know! You've been busy, busy, busy.
I love the bottles that you've created, they are so pretty. That old sewing machine is so cool. Love all the laces and the baby shoe too.
Your boys are adorable and I know you are very proud of them.

I know you have lots more to do during this busy season so I hope to see you from time to time.

big hugs
Sissie

Beth Leintz said...

You really have been busy- and getting a LOT done-love the bottles- they are so "Lisa"

Canton sure looks like fun- would love to go shopping with you again.

I'm trying to figure out if I know your boys at all- I'm guessing that Phillip has the tattoos under his eyes.

Bohemian said...

Your Creations are gorgeous, your lucky Friends are going to Love such a personal and thoughtful Gift... and so many great Finds! *swooning* And can't wait to hear your big news??!??? *I Love Suspense*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Karen Valentine said...

Lisa you always find great stuff!!! I LOVE the bottles you made. Especially the second one with the awesome stopper!!!

Have a great week sweetie!
xo,
Karen

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lisa,
I was in Canton too...first time that I have been to it since 2005...just getting back in the business and I filled up a u-haul with lots of treasures! Great deal on the sewing machine...I have one just like it...it was my MIL's.

Blessings,
Linda

My Sparrows Nest said...

I adore that sweet baby shoe. What are your plans for the beautiful sewing machine? That dog in the glitzed up shopping cart is the funniest thing ever! WOW! There are kids around the world that would love to be that spoiled dog! LOL Thanks for your sweet post!

Rebecca said...

Hey Lisa Girl
Looks like you have been a busy gal, I love the bottles and those pictures of Canton are so inviting. Wish I could make it down, one of these days. The kids are growing like weeds, sooo cute.
Hope this finds you well. wishing you a glorious Thanksgiving
Blessings
RE

Sandy said...

Gaga over those bottles!!! What fun finds too and such cute kiddos. Expect a surprise from me! Have a great day.

Charlene said...

What a great haul!!! And your'e right that book is a SPECIAL one! LOVE it! I went to lunch with Ms Jan herself yesterday & she told me you guys had a blast in Canton. Cindy & I were there the same day. I just sent you an email ab out ART GROUP! Miss you!
Charlene

Anonymous said...

Sweet Lisa, if you ever, ever discover the method of making life's activities balance, please let me know! I'd pay for the info! Looks to me like you're doing an ok job of it!!!

XO Diane

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Love your bottles Lisa...the tops are to die for!!!!
xojanis

Lovey said...

Wow Lisa! Such gorgeous things that you came upon! Love the sewing machine...$25.00...WOW!!!!! Have a great Sunday my friend!

Stephanie said...

Great finds! You just gotta love Canton!