I can't believe it's been 60 days since my last post.
I won't even try to explain the last 50, lets just rewind to March 26.
No, those aren't the kids new toys.
Right after I finished with Paper Cowgirl I had surgery on my left foot to correct a bone disorder I was born with.
It's caused me terrible pain this last year.
It was pretty extensive surgery that included a new joint, breaking & re-setting of bones.
Unfortunately, the doctor will only do one foot at a time so I'll repeat this fun again in about 6 months.
Don't you love my tattoo?
It's comforting to know the doctors needed cue cards.
That's my Step Mother Mary Alice in the back ground.
Do you think she's napping because my kids wore her out?
She dropped everything & came from Mississippi to take care of us for the first week.
I'm so grateful to have loving family & friends.
I was pretty good about following doctors orders the first week, but I'm not a person who can sit for very long.
One good thing about being stuck at home is having time to get things off my 'to do' list.
Like my homemade herbarium.
I can't afford the real deal so I faked it.
This was an easy & inexpensive project.
I bought a set of six prints at a garage sale about a year ago.
The pictures were ugly & the frames were bright blue but they were only $3.
I painted the frames red, then white, sanding between coats.
Then used a Ralph Lauren glaze on top.
They need some more sanding, but you see where I'm going with this.
I used beautiful ledger pages from Jamie & some of my vintage botanicals. I blogged about them here.
Since I'm on pain killers I thought Kevin should hang them!
I would have shown you the whole wall but then you'd see the dirty dishes all over the table.
Onto my next project, a slipcovered wing chair.
We inherited this great chair & ottoman from some friends.
But the color wasn't right for the room.
I've always wanted to make a slipcover but could never work up the nerve.
After watching these video tutorial's from Miss Mustard Seed, I grabbed a $10 drop cloth & held my breath.
I'm so proud of myself! It turned out even better than I had imagined.
Now I want to slipcover everything in my house!
I've read a lot of books & tutorials about slipcovers but Marion's gave me the confidence to just do it.
She has really simplified what can be a complicated process.
The best thing about it... it's free!
It's not perfect & I did have to use the 'ol seam ripper a couple of times but I think it's pretty darn good.
I'm working on the foot stool now, I'll show you soon.
Happy Good Friday!