Friday, July 31

Good, better, best















I found this little black lacquered desk a couple of months ago when I was setting up shop. It filled the space nicely but I’ve always thought it was pretty blah. I wanted to jazz it up for the open house so I started out by sanding up the surface, getting rid of the glossy finish and letting some original white paint peek through. Then I removed the drawer pulls and replaced them with chunky old white porcelain doorknobs. I love old doorknobs and use them in lots of different projects. If I find them for under 10. I buy them. What a big difference that made. I couldn’t leave well enough alone so I rummaged through Jana’s store and found a cute little white shelf, screwed it into place, added a little key embellishment and voila! Very cute!

No comments: